So, you’ve taken the plunge and you’ve started designing patterns. Well done!
You’ve had your first pattern tech edited and tested, and you’ve published it . Now what?
There are a multitude of ways to promote your new pattern. Here are just some of the ones I use:
- Designers group: Monthly New Designs thread.
- Budding Designers group: Monthly New Designs thread.
- Big 7 Patterns board: ***Patterns: Sales & Promo thread.
- Look for the high traffic groups with promotion threads (the Grocery Girls group has a NEW PATTERN/COUPON CODES ALERT thread, for example).
- If you participate in Ravelry’s In-Store Pattern Sales program, the lysos (Local Yarn Store owners) group has a Designers: plug your in-store patterns here thread
- Addicted to Knitting group: Promotion of your own business allowed on Mondays with the heading #selfpromomonday. Posts about sales, giveaways, yarn swaps or requests are not allowed.
- Knit & Chat group: #selfpromosaturday. This one can get a little tricky to post to correctly – send me a message and I can outline the correct way to do it so that the admins will approve your post.
- Set up your own page and promote your patterns. You can then share these posts to your personal account if you want.
- Instagram: If you don’t have an IG account, I highly recommend you set one up! You can then link your IG account to push your posts directly to your Facebook page.